Thursday, June 24, 2010

There's a train a comin, ain't got no track...

 

First of all let me start by saying I am so sorry for not posting yesterday, but our computer was giving us fits... For some reason it wasn't letting James save pictures, so it took him 3 tries to finally get them saved, and by then I was too pooped to write a good blog...

Anywho, on a fun note James and I finally went to this photo location that we have been wanting to go to since we moved to Lansing! It's this way awesome set of train tracks that we drive over everyday, and I could never figure out how to get down there... But finally this week I found that if we took this weird little loop off the street it would take us to a dead end subdivision, and the end of the street runs right into the train tracks! 



My attempt at an arabesque... haha
 
So there is this gigantic cement structure that goes over the train tracks, which is what attracted me to this location in the first place, but then we found this other creepy little cement hut thingy next to it, so naturally I had to check it out...


That's my "this is way creepy, should I go in?" face...

I was getting noshed on so bad by mosquitoes so we shot a couple photos, then I was outta there...

 And I'm pretty sure I ran through a ton of poison ivy... Good thing I'm not allergic. :)


 

Sorry for the uber photo heavy post, but James and I just had so much fun shooting and got so many great ones that I just had to share... After we left the train tracks we went to Champs to have some dinner and then go to see The A-Team afterwards, but after dinner we saw this great little field and just had to go shoot some photos in it... We got some lovely photos there too, so I'm going to do another post tonight of those ones.... Here's a little preview....

Photo Credits: My darling and very patient hubby, James Turner

Dress: From a new bargain store here in Lansing, AJ Wright, for $7
Necklace: F21
Bracelets: F21
Tights: F21
Shoes: Target
Cardigan: (It's only in one photo, and I'm holding it) Gap
Purse: Vintage

Currently Listening To: Justin Beckler - "Freedom"

1 comment:

  1. The location is amazing! I think you got some really stunning pics out there. The outfit is sugary-sweet fantastic, but your grin is really the best part. I can tell you were having fun.

    ReplyDelete