Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Le Morte.

James and I decided yesterday to go on a little trip after work to the cemetery by our house. I don't know what it is about cemeteries, but it is just so peaceful there. I love to just go and walk around there for a bit, especially when the weather is being kind of moody. Yesterday the sky was threatening to rain on us all day, but never did. So it was a perfect day for a stroll through the gravestones...

This is one of my favorites. I just love this gravestone... Its so weathered, and it's this beautiful white color on top, but down at the bottom it has this dark base. Such a perfect contrast. I think it's from sometime in the 1800's. One of my favorite things to do at any cemetery is try to find the oldest headstone that I possibly can...

We also happened upon a beautiful mausoleum, and just had to take a look around...

sassy little girl. I'm pretty sure I have seen many a 3 year old make this face :)

My beloved Shakespearian Poison Ring...(sigh) Just recently purchased at the Highland Festival in Alma MI. It's a wonderful festival that celebrates all things Scottish and Celtic. They have men compete in traditional Highland games, girls competing in traditional Highland dancing, and lots of real Scottish food. Mmm haggis, meat pies, and shortbread.

Now I will leave you with a parting photo...

Photo Credits: James Turner


Dress: UO clearance
Sweater: Sourpuss (Purchased at the Detroit Tattoo Convention)
Stockings: UO clearance
Shoes: Steve Madden from DSW 
Pearl Necklace: From my Grandma and Grandpa


Currently Listening To: Karen Elson - "Mouths to Feed"  from The Ghost Who Walks

3 comments:

  1. Your shoes are cutee! I like your blog!


    -Karla
    thehelmethead.blogspot.com
    Blogger love?<33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit. I like the combination of the cutesy outfit with the eerie location of a cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the cutest!
    I love thoes shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete