Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Stuck in the middle with you...

This weekend was nice and relaxing, but also filled with tons of fun things... After the pow-wow on Saturday I went to my dad's house in Owosso to have a little cookout with him and the family for Father's Day. We ate good food, and had even better conversations... Then Sunday my friend Kim and I went to a local place called the East Lansing Aquatic Center, and spent the day lounging in the sun by the pool... It was quite blissful, and since it was the weekend there were tons of people there, so it made for excellent people watching...( People watching is my all time favorite hobby, I wish I could get paid to just watch people and observe them from afar... Now as im typing it out it sounds kinda creepy, but really no creepy initentions here folks...) After lounging my the pool all day, James got out of work and we met up with my mom and everyone (Everyone being: My stepfather-Big Nell, my older sister, my younger sister, and my baby brother), and we went to Harpers to have 1/2 off pizza and beer. This outfit was perfect for my day of relaxation and fun,it's  nice and cool and a little bit sassy...

 Photo Credits: James Turner
My darling little red shoes, oh how I love thee. I love wearing them with a monocromatic outfit, and then topping it off with a pop of red lipstick.

Today I also realized how close we are getting to moving day! Starting after the Fourth of July, we'll be moving all of our stuff 7 houses away to my mom and Big Nell's place, where we will be living for the next 3 months before moving to Texas. I also realized that we will be moving twice in 3 months... That really kind of stinks. But oh well, at least we'll get to see the family a ton before moving across the country! That is a definite bonus.

Outfit Details:
Headband: Jcrew
Tank: Jcrew
Skirt and Belt: F21
Anchor Necklace: UO
Bracelet: F21
Shoes: Rocketdog

Currently Listening To: Stealers Wheel -"Stuck in the Middle With You"

3 comments:

  1. I love the skirt! I saw it at F21 awhile ago and now I wish I bought it!

    So about Austin...

    -If you love outdoorsy stuff like hiking, lakes and stuff...you'll love it here!
    -If you love small businesses, little boutiques, family diners...you'll love it here!
    -If you love music...you'll go crazy here!
    -If you love quirky people...you'll love it here!
    -If you hate the heat...you might not like it here. It's hot from April-November. Winter is in February. Spring/Fall don't really exist.
    -If you love random festivals...you'll love it here. I'm going to the Ice Cream Festival in August!

    Oh, and apparently Austin is the best place to live as far as the economy and businesses go for the next 10 years!

    Hope that helped :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit, Nell! I love the red, white and blue, so seasonally appropriate. The belt is fantastic, too.

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, and the belt is so cool!


    http://chezg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete