Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jazz it up.

So after work yesterday, James and I went to the Summer Solstice Festival here in East Lansing. We heard some great live jazz music, and we sat out on the patio of one of our favorite restaurants in East Lansing, Harper's Brew Pub. I had a delish cheeseburger and chips and a margarita, and Jam had a chicken sandwich with chips and a pint of their Spartan Wheat beer, ooo yum. Our bill only totaled only $16, it was great!

Afterward we went back to the house to do a quick shoot before we went over to my moms house, and when we got home the sky was starting to cloud over so we snapped some shots off real quick...
 (Please try to ignore my terrible bow tying skills. I'm really trying to work on it.)

Then within a matter of two minutes the storm had rolled in, and the wind was howling! It was ca-razy! I have never seen a storm come in that fast.... So James shot these next photos as I was running and frolicking up the street back to our house before we could be swept up into a tornado... I'm pretty sure that with this cute little outfit I would have been all sorts of prepared to get swept up in a tornado, in Kansas, and ride around on a bike. Singing dun da dun dun duun duuun, dun da dun dun duun duuun, "I'm going to get you my pretty!"

 This is me thinking "holy crap, I am about to get blown away!" But as you can tell, I survived to blog another day...

Photo Credits: James Turner

Shirt: Gap
Skirt: UO clearance
Necklace: A gift from my dad, oh about 11 years ago...
Bracelet: Jcrew, mens section
Sandals: Walmart
Purse: Vintage

Currently listening to: "These Days" by The Black Keys off their Brothers album.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, you are so cute! i want your hair and that skirt!!

    ReplyDelete