Monday, June 21, 2010

Garden of Eden.

On Saturday my family and I went to a little event in Lansing called Touch a Truck, where children can go and see all sorts of city vehicles, like an ambulance, a helicopter, a dump truck, a firetruck etc... My little 3 year old brother, we call him Baby Nell, love love LOVED it! He even got to go inside of a Special Ops tank... Pretty darn cool... Here he is waving at me in the reflection of the firetruck wheel...


Afterward we went to a Native American Pow-Wow, and we saw so many beautiful things... There were tons of people from all different tribes dressed in their regalia, and they would go to the middle of the circle and do traditional dances together. One of my favorites is the Crow Hop, and one where a few young girls go to the circle and do these beautiful dances with mini hula hoops... They make all sorts of designs with them, eagles, and butterflies etc... So beautiful. (I will post some photos later, but I have to make all the files a little smaller lol) Also there are lots of really great vendors selling all sorts of goods, furs, beads, jewelry, etc... I had to stop myself from buying up everything I saw.

So it was quite unbelievably hot while we were out and about, of course I got a gnarley sunburn. Not fun... But at least I stayed pretty cool in my nice and breezy floral dress...


Photo Credits: James Turner
 
Dress: UO clearance
Necklace: A gift from my dad, that I've had for a coons age...
Sandals: Walmart
Clutch: F21
Ring: F21
Bracelet: Jcrew, men's section

Currently Listening To: The Black Keys "Chop and Change"

 




4 comments:

  1. I love this look - its so pretty and summery. I wish it were summer here too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! It's so sweet and perfect for summertime!

    And I've fallen in love with your clutch...it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and how exciting that you're moving here! It's probably the total opposite of Michigan
    (as in, it's hot as hell here), but it's such a great city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress!! U are so pretty!
    xoxox
    Irene

    ReplyDelete