Monday, June 14, 2010

The Brave Little Moped.


 He has been with us through thick traffic and thin, through rain and shine, in 55mph traffic and 25mph traffic. This is the Brave Little Moped.

Yesterday was a lovely day filled with lots and lots of relaxation, fun, good music ( I bought the The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Soundtrack. It is Fan freakin tastic!, so eclectic with tons of indie bands), and..... me getting locked out of my house... For the second time this week!! Boo, Paige. I really REALLY need to go get another key, but honestly isn't it just more fun shimmying up the trellis, climbing onto the garage roof, then up to the porch roof where my bathroom window is, and trying to pry it open with my bare hands? I think so.

Oh, and our moped's name is Roy.

After I was let back into my house by my very sweet landlord, 2 hours after I locked myself out, I decided to go and get new jewelry for my septum. So I ventured down to Splash of Color and got myself some new bling, and then I went to Hot Topic to get some new tapered earrings for my lobes. So I stretched them from a 10 to a 6. Ouch. Probably shouldn't have skipped a size, but oh well where's the fun in that. No pain No gain.
Then Jam and I watched Ghost World which starred Thora Birch, Steve Buschemi, and Scarlett Johanssen. It was kinda ehhh, not my favorite. 
We also decided to romp around the neighborhood and scare up some good locations for photo shoots. We found a sweet little alley with greenhouses on one side, and a gravestone engraving place on the other side. So we ventured out back and snapped some shots, and here's what we got...

P.s What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday morning in the Summer?

I love this green wall! I'm so excited to figure out what outfits will really pop against it...

This last photo is probably my favorite from the shoot, I just couldn't bear to leave it out... I think I heard a bird scratching on the tin roof when he took this one. Or maybe it was a demon raven from Birds.... I may never know....

Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Jcrew
T-Shirt: Jcrew
Shorts: Gap
Belt: Jcrew
Shoes: Steve Madden (from about 6 years ago)
Necklace: From Lee and Birch in Muskegon

All photos by James Turner     Currently listening to: Mewithoutyou A--> B Life

1 comment:

  1. Love the moped! My wife and I went to Bermuda moped rentals on a vacation recently and rented something similar, we had so much fun with it we think we're going to get one now that we're home.

    ReplyDelete